Maya is a multiplatform producer, Culture Hacker and emerging technology aficionado who applies the power of transmedia to world-changing ideas.
She brings a wealth of experience from different media silos: visual effects, film, production, gaming, startups, product management and brand narrative. She has worked with big feature films and on game cinematics such as “Ghostbusters” and “Star-Trek online” for companies such as Ubisoft, EA, Vivendi and Activision. She has also worked in product development for companies such as the Chopra Center, Harpo Productions and Salesforce.com.
Current projects include:
- Transmedia SF – An agency and a meetup group exploring where storytelling meets technology in San Francisco. She is the co-founder of the agency .
- Keyframe-Entertainment – where she is creating a thriving media and business ecosystem for the whole Transformational culture.
- Lucidity Six Year Mythos project – as a Transmedia Producer
- SF WEB FESTIVAL – Board of Directors
- Brave Ventures – A VC media firm out of NYC – she is currently an Expert-In-Residence there
- HardwareCon – a 2 day conference for Hardware Startups, featuring wearable tech, IoT, robotics, 3d printing, virtual reality and more
- Em’s Theory – A Sci-Fi book Trilogy, digital animation series, Game, VR and franchise
- Maya was featured as one of the “women in transmedia” – honoring women pioneering the field in an article written by Liz Nord for PBS/POV website.
- She is a blogger on Huffington Post as well and has recently completed a series about the New Human Narrative.